After the week’s illness I’m now starting to get back to organising the items required for the kilt wearing.
Yesterday I finally managed to get over to Oxford Shirtworks and ordered the t-shirts. They should be ready before I go away on my holiday. I’ve also received the "business cards" from Moo to hand out during the month which should help people find my charity fund raising page.
Today I experimented with washing the kilts. I took the one I wore for the photoshoot and washed in the washing machine on the synthetic cycle, as recommended on the label. It seems to have come out very nicely and won’t require any ironing. Not only this but it feels FAR softer and the material far more flexible. I’m wondering if the manufacturer used starch on them before shipping them out. That would certainly explain why they were so stiff.